“Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense and as courageous as either one.”
HOMEBIRTH/BIRTH CENTER MIDWIFERY CARE
Our Individualized midwifery care includes:
- Comprehensive and attentive prenatal care in our office and your home through routine visits
- Labor and birth at home with licensed midwives, waterbirth if desired
- All lab work performed and carefully explained
- Nutritional counseling and referrals to complementary health providers and community resources
- Newborn screening test in your home and well baby care
- 6-8 weeks of postpartum care, including home visits and Pap smear
- Insurance billing/if applicable
- Breastfeeding support
- 1st appointment for teens, a “get to know you” appointment, a chance for your teen to ask questions about their changing body.
Please call to arrange a complimentary one-hour consultation with the midwife.
“The pains of childbirth were altogether different from the enveloping effects of other kinds of pain. These were pains one could follow with one’s mind.”
Holistic Midwifery Care has its own AquaDoula birth tub available for labor and birth for no extra fee. The benefits of birthing in water are numerous. The warmth of the water relaxes the mother and helps her to feel weightless so she can move around more easily. The water also provides some perineal support which aids in preventing tears. Waterbirths are believed to be a gentler transition for babies as they make their journey into your arms.
Well Woman Care
WELL WOMAN CARE
Our Well Woman Care is highly personalized and takes place in our comfortable, non-clinical setting. Our emphasis is on holistic, natural, and nurturing treatment. Our comprehensive annual exam includes:
- Full physical
- Gynecological exam
- Breast exam
- Full lab work
- Nutrition, health and wellness review
- Herbal and supplement recommendations
- STI testing
- Insurance billing, if applicable
Our appointments are unhurried and we communicate with you about what we are doing and why. We are focused on your comfort and will take the time to answer all your questions.
La Leche League
Mother-to-mother breastfeeding support group, meets monthly.
Birthworks classes are innovative and experiential in design. They help women gain confidence in their ability to birth, and help birth companions become aware of ways they can make labor safer and more comfortable. The classes are interactive and provide both a physical and emotional preparation for birth. Our program is suitable for parents planning a hospital, birthing center or home birth.
Instructor: Kristi McKee
Bradley Method ® Childbirth Classes
We had our two beautiful children after completing a Bradley Childbirth class, and though our births were radically different, our Bradley preparation was essential to both. We believe that the Bradley Method educates and prepares couples to work together for a natural, unmedicated birth in any setting but most often in the hospital setting.
Instructor: Jennifer Kinnear (with two class sections taught by Guy Kinnear)